Sunday, March 2

Banana and oats breakfast smoothie




Today I wanted to share with you a quick and easy smoothie recipe, great for breakfast or as a snack! It's really simple and you probably already have the ingredients, so here's the ingredients:

2x bananas
handful of oats/porridge (I just used half a packet of the instant ones but I'd recommend to use normal oats)
2 cups of Milk or milk substitute i.e almond milk, soy milk etc
Greek yogurt (optional)
Honey (optional)
Seeds or fruit to garnish (optional)

I haven't added specific measurements because to be honest I don't measure it, I eyeball it and stick what looks the right amount in. If you want a thicker smoothie add less liquid, if you want a creamier one add more!. I usually add greek yogurt in but I  didn't have any on hand today but it tastes delicious with greek yogurt in. I love having the oats and the milled seeds because it makes the smoothie a little more chewy and not really smooth like an average smoothie. It's great for breakfast since it keeps me full throughout the morning, due to the oats slowly releasing energy also bananas are a great source of potassium. Also I'd recommend switching this up! add some strawberries one day or some blueberries.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment