Sunday, December 18

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% review


Sorry for the low quality photo guys, it's dark in England so my lighting is really bad and I'm struggling to find a good backdrop in my uni room. But anyway onto the review.

The ordinary is a pretty new brand to me which I found whilst searching for a product with Azelaic acid to combat my dark spots and acne. Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid, which has been shown to be very effective in combatting and treating comedonal and inflammatory acne as well as various types of hyper pigmentation. Azelaic acid actually has the same effectiveness for acne as Benzyl Peroxide without the harsh effects.

The product itself is a lightweight non oily cream, which I found exceptionally effective in calming down my inflammation and aiding the lightening of acne marks. I had a fairly "fresh" acne dark spot which had significantly faded in a week of using this. The only downside is that the product does finish quite quick in my experience, but for only £5.50 it isn't really breaking the bank as brands like la roche posey cost significantly more.  So I would highly recommend this to those with rosacea or acne and any skin type as the 10% is not too harsh on the skin. I am genuinely enjoying this product and have already bought 2!.

Another point i'd like to mention is that The Ordinary provide their own guide for using their products and creating a skin care regime here and any other products/ingredients it might conflict with. I think this would really help anyone that is getting into using skin care to combat specific skin issues as it gives you a rough guide on how to incorporate it into your routine.

You can purchase The ordinary products here

No comments:

Post a Comment